The prevalent Architects Act of 1991 was enacted by the President with the advice and consent of the Parliament of Singapore. This requires the Board of Architects to comprise of a President who shall be appointed from among registered architects, two registered architects selected from the Singapore Institute of Architects, not more than six other registered architects in the Board’s register and one professional engineer on the nomination of the Professional Engineers Board (PEB). These members of the Board shall be appointed for a term not exceeding three years.
With effect from 1st October 2005, the Board will consist of the following members:
- The Commissioner of Building Control
- The President of Singapore Institute of Architects, Singapore
- Six registered architects who are elected by registered architects
- Six registered architects who are appointed by the Minister, and
- A registered professional engineer from PEB
Board Members (2019-2021)