BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Ong Ker-Shing of Lekker Architects
20 Apr 2021
BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Ong Ker-Shing of Lekker Architects, 24 May 2021
As part of BOA’s on-going effort to engage our registered architects during the COVID-19 pandemic, BOA has launched a series of complimentary webinars where we feature our local architects and speak to them about their experiences in the face of the challenges brought about by COVID-19.
The next architect we are featuring in our dialogue series is Ar. Ong Ker-Shing of Lekker Architects. Ker-Shing is Founder/ Director of Lekker Architects and an Associate Professor at NUS Department of Architecture where she is currently the Programme Director of the BA Architecture programme.
Lekker is a small group of designers and architects who are fascinated by the power of space to engage us, to create formative moments, and to provide a stage for public life. Lekker’s interest lies in projects with big ambitions from buildings that promote inclusion, neighbourhoods that encourage walking and socializing, to dreamlike retail experiences that are exciting and transformative. Together with critical questioning, careful observation, and having fun with design, Lekker aims to bring new perspectives into projects.
Ker-Shing was selected as one of URA’s 20 under 45 (Third Edition), and with Lekker, won a PDA for Design of the Year (2015).
Registered architects who are interested to sign up for the webinar are required to complete the online registration form
- The webinar is complimentary for all BOA registered architects, M Arch students of NUS/SUTD and members of the public.
- Limited to 100 participants for each session.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Registration will close 1 week before the event or when the limit of the participants is reached.
- The webinar link and password will be sent via email to successful applicants.
- The webinar will be opened for registered participants to enter 10 minutes before the session.
- The webinar will be locked 10 minutes after session begins.
- Please be reminded to join the Webinar with an identifiable name for attendance tracking.
- All attendees, other than the speaker(s), will be muted during the session.
- Please leave any questions in the webinar chat and we will try to address them during the Q&A session.
- Please note that the session will be recorded.