BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Siew Man Kok of MKPL Architects
22 Jul 2021
BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Siew Man Kok of MKPL Architects, 11 Aug 2021
As part of BOA’s on-going effort to engage our registered architects during the COVID-19 pandemic, BOA has launched a series of complimentary webinars where we feature our local architects and speak to them about their experiences in the face of the challenges brought about by COVID-19.
The next architect we are featuring in our dialogue series is Siew Man Kok of MKPL Architects. Man Kok is one of the founding partners of MKPL Architects. Together with Cheng Pai Ling, they set up MKPL Architects in 1995.
The firm saw interpreting the local vernacular with technology in a contemporary context, in pursuit of an Architecture that will speak of its locale, climate & culture. The firm has won numerous local and international awards and is continuing to diversify, tackling seminal contemporary concerns such as public housing planning and design, sustainable living environments, innovative educational spaces, adaptive reuse of the heritage buildings such as the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station and preservation and rejuvenation of the Rail Corridor.
Man Kok was honored the President’s Design Award for two consecutive years: in 2014 Kent Vale Faculty Housing received the Design of the Year, and in 2015 he received the prestigious Designer of the Year accolade for his outstanding contribution to design and culture in Singapore.
Registered architects, students and members of the public who are interested to sign up for the webinar are required to complete the online registration form.
- The webinar is complimentary for all BOA registered architects, M Arch students of NUS/SUTD and members of the public.
- Limited to 100 participants for each session.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Registration will close 1 week before the event or when the limit of the participants is reached.
- The webinar link and password will be sent via email to successful applicants.
- The webinar will be opened for registered participants to enter 10 minutes before the session.
- The webinar will be locked 10 minutes after session begins.
- Please be reminded to join the Webinar with an identifiable name for attendance tracking.
- All attendees, other than the speaker(s), will be muted during the session.
- Please leave any questions in the webinar chat and we will try to address them during the Q&A session.
- Please note that the session will be recorded.