BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Wo Mei Lan of Liu & Wo Architects Pte Ltd
6 Aug 2021
BOA Webinar Series: Dialogue with Wo Mei Lan of Liu & Wo Architects Pte Ltd, 26 Aug 2021
As part of BOA’s on-going effort to engage our registered architects during the COVID-19 pandemic, BOA has launched a series of complimentary webinars where we feature our local architects and speak to them about their experiences in the face of the challenges brought about by COVID-19.
The next architect we are featuring in our dialogue series is Wo Mei Lan of Liu & Wo Architects Pte Ltd. Mei Lan co-founded Liu & Wo Architects Pte Ltd in 1984. This over 30 years medium sized firm does quality work both locally and overseas and has won several awards. She is the much respected driving force behind the successful growth and perseverance of the company.
Her professional career did not limit itself to office related duties only. Mei Lan has always been actively involved in serving the wide architectural and heritage community. She currently serves on the Board of Architects and the Preservation of Sites and Monuments Advisory Board, National Heritage Board.
She will share the winning competition proposal for Jurong Lake Gardens Central and East which blends the tropical setting of the existing architectural heritage of the Chinese and Japanese Gardens with ecological initiatives. New buildings incorporated have used innovative technologies and construction methods.
Registered architects, students and members of the public who are interested to sign up for the webinar are required to complete the online registration form.
- The webinar is complimentary for all BOA registered architects, M Arch students of NUS/SUTD and members of the public.
- Limited to 100 participants for each session.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Registration will close 1 week before the event or when the limit of the participants is reached.
- The webinar link and password will be sent via email to successful applicants.
- The webinar will be opened for registered participants to enter 10 minutes before the session.
- The webinar will be locked 10 minutes after session begins.
- Please be reminded to join the Webinar with an identifiable name for attendance tracking.
- All attendees, other than the speaker(s), will be muted during the session.
- Please leave any questions in the webinar chat and we will try to address them during the Q&A session.
- Please note that the session will be recorded.